Which WB O2 is Best??

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Thu Nov 8 15:28:16 GMT 2001

On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 16:48:40 +1100 Peter Gargano <peter at techedge.com.au>
writes:
> The Oz PCB may be more expensive than the current group buy. It's
> ~US$13 (delivered airmail to the US) and IS SOLD AT COST. I'll say
> that again - it is sold at cost.

Gargano-speak. He got caught advocating 'cost + compensation', in direct
violation of the usage agreement, so now he want's to call that old
equation simply 'cost'. Spin-doctoring.

> > I think that if I am forced  to buy from other than our "Group
> Buy", I'll get
> > Flamed and disowned by the group :-(
>
> There will be a small group of uncaring individuals who may flame
> you if you ask for help and you didn't get the "official PCB".

Yep, let's see, that 'small group of uncaring' would include the entire
diyWB development team, and their supporters. How 'uncaring' of the
donors especially, to give out freely the fruits of their long labour,
with just one proviso, which you choose to piss on; namely 'no commercial
exploitation'. You're the true humanitarian here, Peter. No question. The
diyWB developers are just a mere bunch of 'uncaring individuals'. Your
'story' gets more amusing every iteration.

> You can be your own judge of what this says, but rest assured that
> there will always be help from others with the Oz board, a setup
> they built on perf board, or whatever. The DIY-WB project IS about
> helping others, even if it's staunchest allies sometime garble the
> DIY message.

Let's see, in particular you didn't just 'garble' the 'non-commercial'
message, you have intentionally set a precedent for any future pirates
like yourself to waltz in after a major project is done, and stick your
proboscus in and suck up. Your message Petie, is about 'helping
yourself', as in 'help yourself to the goods'. What a truly optimum
environment for future diy developments. That's what I call 'helping
others' alright.

Add to that the fact that Peter appears to know next to nothing about how
the circuit actually works, being a 'programming type' himself. :) Good
luck on support from a tick that doesn't even know how the cow makes the
milk he's sucking from the teats.

Hey, I'm just trying to keep our precious newbies informed. :)  As long
as you post this self-serving commercial propaganda Petie, you're going
to get called on it.

BLM