Question for those who have completed DIY-WB assembly

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Nov 8 16:15:54 GMT 2001

I spent alot of time looking at both.

The way I did things was with the componets facing away from the AL plate.
Then I mounted the items needing to be heat sinked to the AL plate, and the
main connetor, that way all the leads folded over one side of the PCB so
that servicing it was really simple, and there was no way any item could
touch the AL to short out.
Bruce

Coprighted 2001. yada yada  not to be used in connection with the AU WB
pirated material (or with any other pirated WB material).

From: <Steve.Flanagan at VerizonWireless.com>
Subject: RE: Question for those who have completed DIY-WB assembly
> Bruce,
> That is why I mentioned "little" more clearance, the big point was the
> mounting of the board inverted and the available space that is gained from
> this.
> One correction, I meant to say 1.25 inch of spare room, not 1.75 (given a
2
> inch deep box)
> looks like this
>
> ------------------  aluminum plate
> ||  &^%&*^!!*#  ||  plastic stands & components
> ------------------  PCB (mounted inverted)
>     spare room
>     spare room
>     spare room
>

> instead of this:
>

> ------------------   aluminum plate
> ||               ||  just stands
> ------------------   PCB (mounted above plate)
>     &^%&*^!!*#       components
>  less spare room
>  less spare room
>
> The point is depending on how you mount the PCB, you can obtain a lot of
> spare room by placing the components facing the mounting plate.
>

> Steve

Remember