DIY-WB linearity was Re: To all DIY_EFI

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Thu Nov 8 17:06:39 GMT 2001

At 02:54 PM 11/7/01 EST, you wrote:
>I've been more of a lurker, but I wanna add to the synergy of this group.
My idea is to use the LM3914 10 LED Dot/Bar Display driver.  If you look at
the volts to A/F ratio, the curve is "fairly" linear from 10:1 to 14.7:1.
Then the curve knees up and again is fairly linear from 14.7:1 to 20:1.

I was starting to design an analog linearizer for the DIY-WB but now I'm a
little confused about the curve.  I plotted this data from the project page:

ftp://diy-efi.org/pub/diy_efi/project_files/diy_wb1/v_out.txt

DIY WB  Vout    for Gasoline

Robert  Rauscher    July    2001

Vout:   AFR:    Lambda

1.4     10.08   0.69
1.45    10.23   0.70
1.5     10.38   0.71
1.55    10.53   0.72
1.6     10.69   0.73
1.65    10.86   0.74
1.7     11.03   0.75
1.75    11.2    0.76
1.8     11.38   0.77
1.85    11.57   0.79
1.9     11.76   0.80
1.95    11.96   0.81
2       12.17   0.83
2.05    12.38   0.84
2.1     12.6    0.86
2.15    12.83   0.87
2.2     13.07   0.89
2.25    13.31   0.91
2.3     13.57   0.92
2.35    13.84   0.94
2.4     14.11   0.96
2.45    14.4    0.98
2.5     14.7    1.00
2.55    15.25   1.04
2.6     15.84   1.08
2.65    16.48   1.12
2.7     17.18   1.17
2.75    17.93   1.22
2.8     18.76   1.28
2.85    19.66   1.34
2.9     20.66   1.41
4   Free    Air

and found it to be dead linear.  Did I use the wrong Vout vs. AFR table?
If I did, what data should I use?

Thanks

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH