Keeping usage agreements

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Fri Nov 9 01:49:13 GMT 2001

On Thu, 08 Nov 2001 18:41:31 -0600 Shane Moseley <smoseley at ix.netcom.com>
writes:

> If you mean not talking about it here then not only us lurkers and
> new guys but
> also you will not get to benefit from the discussions here and the
> potential
> outcomes from them.  Think about the things that came on after the
> DIY-WB like
> the display add-ons, real-world comparisons to pro-models, group
> price breaks,
> enclosures, pcbs, etc.
>
> hmmm - damn people like Peter.

Add another to the long list of those that 'get it'. Yes, *everybody*,
even Bruce as you observe above, will lose. Because you are dead right in
saying that he also, like any of us, benefits tremendously from the
discussions. Chill those discussions and chill the outright donation of
small focused working groups, and we've all lost *bigtime*. Of course,
Bruce, and other prolific contributors, is likely to find other venues of
discussion if he can't benefit from this one. :)

And by stating this understanding, Shane, you *are* contributing to the
growth of a better list that can go forward. What is needed is a
consensus amongst the group that this kind of behavior of Peter's will
bring down the unified anathema of the list, whenever someone decides to
just blow off someone else's usage agreement, and especially if they
flaunt doing so.

BLM