ho hum .....

Geoff Swavley geoffs at radx.net
Fri Nov 9 06:05:57 GMT 2001

Uggghhhhhh .... more of the same from Bruce ..... it's dragging
the list down and becoming petty. It's as though nothing can be posted
without someone mentioning something about profit making. There
is a practical limit to this ... .or is there! Hang on ..... doh ....
my ISP is making $0.03 out of my bandwidth in communicating with
the DIY EFI list, that's someone making money from the list, quick
nuke 'em. We'd better phone each other instead, but... oh no ...
the telephone companies will make $0.17 / call ... so that's no
good, post letters ... the same thing .....we're all doomed!!!

Hang on Bruce ... the phone calls to the suppliers for the parts
for the boards, the phone company made a profit there ... and then
there is the component manufacturer ... swine! .. .ripped us off by
actually
charging us for the components, instead of giving them to us

That's it ... new rule:

from now on people can only make a project from 1st principles.

If you need a resistor, then make your own, and so
on, because otherwise someone will profit somewhere along the line
from the DIY projects. How dare Texas Instruments or National
Semi Conductor or any of the chip manufactures make a profit
from us .... but hang on .... they are saving us the trouble
and effort of designing and building our own silicon, hmmmmmmm,
we seem to be turning a blind eye to that, and then the various
component stores that on-sell the components are saving us
the trouble and effort of having to contact the manufacturers
directly ..... but that's OK because we're turning a blind eye
to that as well ...even though they're all making profit from
the list along the way ...... so how is it any different that
someone decides to onsell the completed board + components +
sensor in a "kit" - if you're going to apply a rule Bruce,
then apply it fairly to everyone. It is OK for people to cover
costs for time and effort .... that's what all of the manufacturers
and stores do. If it weren't OK, then there would be no
manufacturers or stores - the fact that they exist is proof that
the world is a practical place.

geoffs :-)

Geoff Swavley                       Email : geoffs at radx.net
UNIX Sys Admin                      Snail : Level 8, 10 Valentine Ave,
Support and Network Operations              Parramatta   NSW   2150
Dept of Land and Water Conservation         Sydney  Australia
                                            Phone : 61-2-98957125
http://www.radx.net/~geoffs                 Fax   : 61-2-98957086
Mobile: 61-425-224475 / 61-2-83004475       Home  : 61-2-83389510