DIY_EFI Digest V5 #868

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Fri Nov 9 15:16:58 GMT 2001

From: "Stephen Andersen" <SAndersen at advan-tek.com>
Subject: RE: DIY_EFI Digest V5 #868
> Some of you people never cease to freakin' amaze
> me.  You are on a list where you have the opportunity to
> learn from some people with INCREDIBLE knowledge and
> capability, and where you stand to benefit significantly
> from the hard work of others.  That work comes in the
> form of the development/design/testing of the DIY-WB
> unit (and hopefully other "products), the feedback from
> building and using it, and the SERIOUS amount of money
> you will save by not buying a commercial unit.
> You also get to benefit from people like Steve C spending
> HUGE amounts of their own time and money to arrange and
> coordinate group buys for the stuff.
> Then you start yelling and screaming because these people
> that are VOLUNTEERING their time and resources aren't giving
> you the same sort of response, customer service, and communication
> you would expect from GM when you buy a $45k Suburban.
> Liten the f*ck up and relax a bit.  If there is not an open
> group buy right now, hang out a bit and wait for the next one,
> or communicate with the people who did the last one and YOU
> arrange the next one.
> I'm not even involved in the parts group buy other than being a
> "customer" waiting for parts, and I have replied no less than 3 times
> to people wondering what is going on with Steve's parts and when
> they will get them.
> Holy Crap!!!  I'm starting to truly understand why bruce is so
> frustrated and feels the need to defend his frustration constantly.

It's not frustration, or an ego thing.
I was just hoping this list would rise above the level of wax discussions.
We had in the past, and I just thought maybe we could maintain that.   Heck,
the idea of a DIY WB sounded just so neat, and then giving it away sounded
even better.   Then to insure and help generate an atmosphere of mutual aid,
and take money out of the equation, just sounded so neat.  Who would have
ever thought giving away something would be such a headache.  and why?.
Just one lister having to cash in on the good nature of others.

Now he's on a new venue writting folks off list accusing me of not giving
enough.
What kind of clown is he?.
He lurks and milks the list for answers, steals the work of others, and now
is trying to accuse me of not doing enough.  While he sits back and makes
money off of the list.
And the funny part is how he claims to have given so much. What a laugh
Bruce