WB 02 op. temp.

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 12 02:04:27 GMT 2001

OH man do I feel silly!

I didn't snap to CENTEGRADE!

Doh!

Thanx for the sanity check.

Mike.

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Sent: 11/10/2001 2:50 PM
Subject: Re: WB 02 op. temp.

Might look at tip temp rating.
800dC is right at 1800dF,  how hot do you propose running?.
This sensor is designed for use in a streetable configuration of car,
and
not at all for labratory work, experimental engine design.
I have yet to see of such a vehicle sustain a 2000dF EGT.
If your contemplating running near that range, the just mount the WB
further
downstream in the exhaust.
I've seen EGTs from 1000dF to 1800dF, depending on application
Bruce

From: "Diehl, Jeffrey" <jdiehl at sandia.gov>
> I've reading that the max operating temp is 800C.  I'm not sure why,
but I
> was expecting exhaust gases to be hotter than that.  What are some
real-life
> numbers?
> Mike Diehl.

quotes)
in the body of a message (not the subject) to
majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org