DDL - faster Nernst cell sensing

bcroe at juno.com bcroe at juno.com
Mon Nov 12 19:52:08 GMT 2001

I guess you could just "hunt" for a .45 volt crossing
like an ordinary ECU does.  But you will still need to
consider the sensor delay in your software, to build
a stable closed loop.  You will not need anything
like 1 mhz; 15 khz is probably plenty.

I would think with a single crossing point detector
and no knowledge of error size, you would need
to considerably degrade the sensor feedback
loop response.  Probably just run a simple (and
slow) integrator.

If you came up with a "negative" pulse Ip generator,
you might be able to dispense with the virtual
ground.  The negative pulse could be generated
with capacitive coupling from all positive circuitry
since it is just a fixed digital pulse.  Not so easy
to do with a straight analog drive.

Bruce Roe