I'm missing something...

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Mon Nov 12 22:02:13 GMT 2001

> I'm not trying to be arguementitive, but I really want to understand this.
>
> My understanding was that the mass of the incoming air was what forced the
> flapper door open.  If this is so, then it should compensate for density,
> right?

Not sure how this one works, but if I read / remember correctly, the CIS
air plate sensors are referred to as "mass air sensors".  I believe that
they correctly compensate for temperature based density changes.

As far as altitude based oxygen density changes, one question comes to
mind:

Does the percentage of oxygen in the air (by mass) stay the same as
altitude changes?  If not then mas air flow isnt enough to predict oxygen
mass.

Just a thought.

-Steve