ECM-controlled I6 HEI dist

Speartech speartec at iquest.net
Sun Nov 18 20:44:45 GMT 2001

--=====================_178377901==_.ALT

Been there, done that, it works fine. The module is not V8 specific. The
bolt spacing of the module is a little different than the non-ECM
controlled HEI module, so you have to drill one new hole.

         John

>Date: 16 Nov 2001 16:12:28 -0800
>From: Morgan Fletcher <morgan at hahaha.org>
>Subject: ECM-controlled I6 HEI dist
>I want to convert a carbureted straight six to throttle-body fuel
>injection. My friend Tom has done the same conversion. He went with a Davis
>Unified Ignition (D.U.I.) HEI distributor for the I6 that has the ignition
>module for computer-controlled timing.
>I'd like to try to make a used I6 HEI dist work. As far as I can tell,
>there was never an GM I6 with HEI and computer-controlled ignition.
>Tom pointed out this page to me:
>http://www.customefis.com/gmheidist.html
>What I want to know: Is the HEI igniton module for an ECM V8-specific?
>Would it work in an I6 distributor?
>Thanks!
>Morgan
>- --
>VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
> >> Morgan Fletcher 63 FJ40, 76 FJ55, 94 FJ80 TLCA #5973, Oakland, CA <<
> >> Illegitimi non carborundum http://www.birfield.com/~morgan <<
>- ----- End of forwarded message from owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org -----
>- ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

--=====================_178377901==_.ALT

Been there, done that, it works fine. The module is not V8 specific. The
bolt spacing of the module is a little different than the non-ECM
controlled HEI module, so you have to drill one new hole.<br>
<x-tab>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</x-tab>John<br>
From: Morgan Fletcher &lt;morgan at hahaha.org&gt; <br>
Subject: ECM-controlled I6 HEI dist <br>
I want to convert a carbureted straight six to throttle-body fuel <br>
injection. My friend Tom has done the same conversion. He went with a
Davis <br>
Unified Ignition (D.U.I.) HEI distributor for the I6 that has the
ignition <br>
module for computer-controlled timing. <br>
I'd like to try to make a used I6 HEI dist work. As far as I can tell,
there was never an GM I6 with HEI and computer-controlled ignition.
Tom pointed out this page to me:<br>
What I want to know: Is the HEI igniton module for an ECM V8-specific?
Would it work in an I6 distributor?<br>
Thanks!<br>
Morgan <br>
- -- <br>
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
&gt;&gt; Morgan Fletcher 63 FJ40, 76 FJ55, 94 FJ80 TLCA #5973, Oakland,
CA &lt;&lt; <br>
&gt;&gt; Illegitimi non carborundum
&lt;&lt;<br>
- ----- End of forwarded message from owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org ----- <br>