Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 25 21:57:33 GMT 2001

To run batch fire, would indicate you have a distibutor already, just add a
sensor to that for cam posistion.   Might consider going DIS, and remove the
HV from the Distributor.

If you have acess to a in cylinder piezo electric pressure sensor, that
would work, but your getting into the *exotic* unless an oem one.  I'd b
interested in hearing if anyone has used a Toyota one in anything of custom
design.

If you go with the exhaust sensor, I'd use a WB for detecting a pulse.  At
lower speeds the can accurately respond to an individual pulse, thou I don't
know how myuc latency there is
Bruce

From: "Santi Udomkesmalee" <scathontiphat at hotmail.com>
Subject: Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor