CanBus output for wastegate control?

Chris Wilson chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk
Sun Nov 25 23:00:59 GMT 2001

What commercially available ECU's will drive a stepper motor for
wastegate control? I want a turbo system that enables me to have the
w/gate opened fully at cruise to bypass the turbo, for better economy
and cooler running. A friend has done this with a home brew ECU (well a
very professional home brew ECU...) and he uses a CanBus output to drive
the w/gate stepper motor. he doesn't use a pulsed solenoid as i don't
think this could be used for this function, or could it?

I was hoping to use a Motec M4 for this application (Mazda 13b rotary
single turbo engine), but I don't know if it has a suitable output.

Thanks.

--
Best regards,
           Chris Wilson                          mailto:chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk