CanBus output for wastegate control?

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Sun Nov 25 23:12:13 GMT 2001

How much HP do you think a turbo consumes at cruise?.
If you take things to the point that you have a 0 pressure drop across the
turbo, then the compressor wheel will add alot of restriction to the intake
tract.

Methinks you need to talk to him some more.  ie some details are in order,
like what stepper motor can survive EGT temps (even near them).   Does he
blow the pressure to atmosphere?, or completely just bypasses the turbo?.
If the waste gate is part of the exhaust housing how does this drop any
temps?.
Bruce

From: "Chris Wilson" <chris at formula3.freeserve.co.uk>
Subject: CanBus output for wastegate control?