MegaSquirt

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Mon Nov 26 08:00:14 GMT 2001

LOW4SHOW at aol.com wrote:

> How many mega squirts do I need to run a 8-cyl? The engine is for an older
> mustang that is normally carbrated, running roughly 400ish HP.  SO would I
> need an electric fuel pump and a fuel rail with injectors????  Would I need 8
> injectors or could I run it off of fewer?

I assume you have a 302 in that Mustang.  When Ford EFI'ed the 302, they
first used two injectors in a TBI configuration.  Later they went to 8
port injectors.

> So how is fuel controlled precisely if each cylinder is not individually
> controlled?  Wouldn't the fuel just be getting squirted out randomly?

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking.  In a TBI setup, the injector
firing is synchronized with the intake pulses - if that's what you were
asking.  If you were asking about cylinder to cylinder variation, the
OEMs have and still do get by with injecting the "same" amount for all cylinders.