WB O2 Sensor Connector Again

Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca Neil.Poersch at mts.mb.ca
Mon Nov 26 16:46:19 GMT 2001

No Steve.  I didn't miss the lesson.  You made assumptions relating to my
particular situation which weren't correct.
I don't plan to swap sensors frequently, if at all ,so the effort of
swapping Cal resistors won't be excessive.  The resistor inside my sensor
connector is molded into the plastic and not easily accessible so accessing
it would be much more work than adding a resistor to the circuit board.
Neil

I think you missed the lesson here.

If you are not going to use the actual connector and take advantage of the
built in Cal Resistor then you should gut the connector and use the actual
Resistor inside your project box.  Don't waste your time finding a 1%
Resistor that is close to the Cal resistor, just use the actual resistor
that is built into the connector.  Otherwise, anytime you change sensors,
you will have to find another 1% Cal resister, solder and unsolder the old
one, way too much work..................
<