$100 USB DataAcq

Phil Hunter ilphayunterhay at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 26 18:25:26 GMT 2001

I noticed the announcement of a $100 (US) USB data
acquisition box from http://www.labjack.com

(Quoting Nuts and Volts magazine, Nov 2001, New
Product
News) "Featuring USB connection, watchdog timer,
12-bit analog inputs (8SE/4Diff) with PGA, two analog
outputs, 20 bits of digital I/O, and a 32-bit
counter."

"Software timing provides update rates up to 50Hz for
all parameters, while hardware timing enables analog/
digital input rates up to 1,200 Hz (continuous) or
8,192 Hz (burst)"

A quick glance at the specs, looks like they are only
for a few (1 - 4) inputs at a time, but s/b suitable
for datalogging the WB O2 project at a faster rate
than the Dataq DI-194 can do it.

regards,
phil