Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

Jim Blackwood jblackwood5 at home.com
Tue Nov 27 20:48:29 GMT 2001

I see. Forgot about that.

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org [mailto:owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org] On
Behalf Of Shannen Durphey
Sent: Tuesday, November 27, 2001 11:55 AM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Re: Cam position sensing w/o a cam sensor

Using crank position, opposite cylinders can initially be fired
together.  The voltage required in the cylinder w/ compression is
higher.  Lesson left over from waste spark, and similar methods might be
applicable to that system.  If you're watching cylinder #1 for this
higher voltage, you can tell whether the coil is firing during a
compression or exhaust stroke.

Shannen

Jim Blackwood wrote:

> But isn't that a little circular? Assuming the purpose of sensing #1
> is to fire #1 wouldn't sensing the spark to start the process just
> cause more trouble?
>
> Jim

quotes) in the body of a message (not the subject) to
majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org