Motec tuning

Lowell Foo lowell at smartt.com
Mon Oct 1 08:25:55 GMT 2001

I have a lot of experience with the M48.  Is yours ready to fire?

My car is a 1990 Talon AWD with an M48pro and IEX.  I built
an adapter that joins the M48 to the stock ECU harness plug and
all the factory harness remains under the hood for ease of install.
The car had no trouble passing the local dyno smog test and
driveability is better than stock.  I use the launch control function
for starts, full throttle shifting, boost control, wide band closed
loop all the time and it all just plain works.  I participated in the
332 group buy way back with the intention of running it on my
Talon.  Looking back that was a pretty laughable idea for me
since I build and tune cars for a living not build ECUs and write
code.
The Talon is my daily driver street car and has run 11.4 at
123mph so far.  1.66 60ft on all season 205 tires.

Maybe you could link me up to your car via Motec telemetry
and I could tune your car :)