Motec tuning

Lowell Foo lowell at smartt.com
Tue Oct 2 04:34:59 GMT 2001

I have not been able to find any significant difference between high
and low impedance injectors or between resistor vs. no resistor.
The Motec will run any combination quite happily so if you're
concerned about cutting the harness up just set the injector current
value to 0.  If you use a high value the box will flag an "injector
peak current not reached" error.

You can do a little experimenting yourself as the Motec box has
diagnostics that will let you fire the injectors and ignition circuits.
On the injector test you can fire each one individually and vary
RPM, PW and firing current.  By varying your battery voltage you
can generate your injector dead time comp table.

I zip tied the injectors to the rail and let them flow into their
own containers.  If by chance you have any variations in flow you
can use the Motecs individual cylinder corrections to even things
up to start with.  Later on you can do individual cylinders on the
dyno via EGT/AF/plug reading etc.  Before you install the turbo
header, TIG on some 1/8 NPT bungs or weld Swagelok 1/4"
fittings straight on.  That will let you pick up exhaust pressure,
EGT or AF ratio.

Your car should be bike killer when it's all done.  Hopefully it will
put down more than a local here with a very sad HKS twin'd
Supra making only 619rwhp.