injection strategies for 4 cyl, port injection (1.6L

Ron Schroeder rjs at bnl.gov
Tue Oct 2 12:28:19 GMT 2001

At 04:29 PM 10/1/01 -0600, you wrote:
>I've had many of the same thoughts as you seem to be having.  I have a very
>similar engine to yours.  I have a 7aGe with the ECU from a 4aGe.  I've
>looked at the schematics at great length, too.  ;^)
>
>One thing I thought might be cool, if you could program it... would be to
>use larger injectors and have the ECU run in sequential mode at idle and up
>to a given RPM.  Then, after that RPM range has been hit, you run in batch
>mode so that you get the valve cooling, and fuel volume that you want when
>you get nasty with this engine.

Hi Mike,

Why would you change to Batch mode at higher power RPMs, why not just set
the injector phasing to fire at the back of the valves when it would give
the maximum cooling?  I may be wrong but I would think Batch firing would
cool some valves better than others.

>The sequential mode would allow you to run bigger injectors and still get a
>nice smoothe idle which doesn't offend the nose.

Is this so vaporization is the same in all cylinders?

Thanks,

Ron Schroeder
WD8CDH
E. E. S.