How do you tune an ECU without knock control

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 3 18:10:22 GMT 2001

Start with a modest tune, and work from there.
The idea of timing limited tuning, is dated.   Might as well say the engine
is so poorly designed that it needs so much timing to run, or blame the gas,
heck if you just raise the octane 20 or 30 points just think of what you
could do.
On a nitromethane engine is one thing, but for a street car, I'd lay money
on 8 out of 10 cars (ie modified) are running more total timing then they
need to.

The trick is in measuring performance, and reading plugs.   A WB O2 will
help you get there faster.
Bruce