How do you tune an ECU without knock control

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 4 00:51:58 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:
> So they are writting fairy tales for adults now, how interesting. <g>
> And to think some scoff at the little guys around here.

Nothing wrong with "light-knock". My car's had it since new; now
over 240,000km without any damage due to knock.

These fairy tales are recognized Engineering practice. (At least
according to a number of SAE papers.) Knock will start to do damage
if it's severe enough to strip the boundary layer off the surface of
the metal, allowing direct contact between the burning gas and the
metal. The boundary layer usually insulates the surface from
temperature and velocity extremes.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |