How do you tune an ECU without knock control

Chris Waltham chris at harvestroad.com
Thu Oct 4 00:59:07 GMT 2001

>Anyhow, my final point.  We have recently tuned a 732hp(@wheels) 2.2 Litre
>Nissan SR20Turbo engine using the knock mic, and Motec.  This thing lights
>up 5th gear at over 140Mph...

732hp at the wheels? Yikes! There's a S13 Silvia over here (Western Australia)
that makes around 700hp at the wheels, though that was built by JUN in Japan.

Could you, by any chance, give me some details on your motor? I run a
reasonably
standard SR20DET in my GTi-R rally car.. soon to have MoTeC!

Chris