(rx7) Belt driven superchargers and the rotary

dom dom at criticalpath.com
Wed Oct 10 22:17:33 GMT 2001

Yea we are probably straying off topic but...

There are potentially many snags in a single turbo PP motor. I was actually
jokingly suggesting a NA PP motor, in race trim you are looking at 340 FWHP.
That's from 1.3l for all you piston guys :-) Not a huge amount compared to a
single turbo, but it might be enough for your needs. As far as turbo PP, I
only know of a handful, and I'm not impressed with their success. The Racing
Beat Bonneville car (242mph) was a 3 rotor PP turbo, this is only
disappointing in light of their success with a streetable 2nd gen (238mph)
that they ran, and then drove to new york 3000+ miles. Also the Scoot FD
from Japan, has a 2 rotor PP with a HKS T51-KAI that made 741 RWHP but
failed to break 200mph (199.6 or so). I do not know of any turbo PP cars
that were designed to turn :-)

One day I will have a turbo PP motor in something, not to race, just
because.
-Dom