plug readings vs electronics

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Oct 11 04:13:21 GMT 2001

TwoLnBlktp90 at aol.com wrote:
> There is actually a tool that lets you se the combustion event, and using it,
> you read the colors to tell the condition.
> I can't remember what its called or which of my books I saw it in.

Possibly Colortune, made in England, availble through Eastwood Restoration
Products.
http://www.eastwoodco.com/cgi-bin/sgsh0101.exe?AID=43625&FNM=20&PID=12778&SKW=colortune&UID=%21%2BUSID%21

(be sure to put the entire link on one line)

> However, this tool is no longer made.
That be a surprise.

The Tool is basically a spark plug with a "window" into the chamber.  Neat, but
no good for serious power tuning as it's not very durable, and it's really tough
to get somebody to help tune during high speed runs.  Well, it's easy enough to
get someone duct taped to the fender in a position to watch the colortune, the
problem is they're either too nervous to pay attention to the Colortune, or too
drugged to care.

Shannen

BTW, Stan, if you're still out there, I bought a roll of the "real" 100mph tape
if you're willing to try again...