plug readings vs electronics

Axel Rietschin Axel_Rietschin at compuserve.com
Thu Oct 11 19:04:40 GMT 2001

You forget that some work is being done by the turbo, measuring the EGT
after it makes absolutely no sense at all.

I can observe about 200C temp drop (1050C vs 850C) across the turbo at full
load on my engine. In old units, we are talking 1900F right before the turbo
vs. 1560F right after the turbine blades, in the exhaust housing itself.

My advice would be to mount the probe as close as practical from the head,
one probe per cylinder being the best.

--Axel