Effectiveness of RAM induction? (AFM replacement)

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Sat Oct 13 05:47:42 GMT 2001

I was going to suggest much the same thing. I intend to run the two at the
same time on the car.  And build a tunable circuit to make the MAP look like
the AFM while I'm in the car.  That is, if the MAP outputs a frequency-based
signal, I'll convert it to voltage.  Then I'll adjust the scale with an
op-amp.  Then I'll have to plot volt v. rpm to see what kind of
(non)linearity I have.  I believe chips exist which will do log and exponent
functions on analog signals.  I'll bet they can be tuned to produce
different functions.  When the MAP looks like the AFM, the AFM is GONE!

Hey, talk is cheep, but this is what I'm thinking anyway.

Comments?

Mike Diehl.