GM SOHC TBI info

Eric Bryant eric at bryantperformance.com
Sun Oct 14 21:52:12 GMT 2001

A while back, someone asked about small single-blade TBI units.  I promised
to check out my parts from a 1.8 L SOHC GM inline-4 (the old J-car motor),
and I've finally gotten around to digging the parts out of my pole barn.

It has a single 43 mm throttle blade, so airflow is in the neighborhood of
250 CFM.  The single injector appears to be of the same form as the
injectors from the dual-blade TBI units.  There's no color coding on the
injector (or it's been removed through time and cleaning).  The part number
appears to be 5234105 *RPD or 5234705 *RHD - this doesn't correspond to any
of the injectors on the gmecm injector page.

So, hopefully that helps a bit.

Eric Bryant                      Grand Haven, MI
mailto:eric at bryantperformance.com
www.bryantperformance.com