MAF position in induction system?

TVS tkmvs at bigfoot.com
Sun Oct 14 23:01:04 GMT 2001

    Once again I would be very grateful for some advice! Is there an optimum
position in the induction system for a hot wire MAF for a turbocharged
engine with intercooler? The Volvo 440 turbo has the MAF between the air
filter and turbo, but I think I've see/read about fitting them between the
engine and intercooler. Air mass remaining the same, but does
response/durability change? The Bosch MAF looks quite robustly made...
unless the plastic box is vented into the airflow!
Thanks, Toby

TKMVS at Bigfoot.com
http://www.kmvs.freeserve.co.uk/index.html
The Midget web ring: