Effectiveness of RAM induction? (AFM replacement)

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 15 07:11:05 GMT 2001

Ok now!

I had gotten the idea that the hotwire maf would be more accurate than a
vacume-driven map sensor.  I guess I was wrong.  Anyway, I agree that the
map sensor would be much less restrictive and this is the way I'll go.  Per
your other comments, I do intend to mount it right next to the throttlebody.

BTW, this is a project car. If something we do doesn't work, I still have
transportation for my wife and me.  So, getting "warm and comfortable" isn't
a problem.  I'm doing this for two reasons.

1. My wife (and I) want a "cool" car.  I bright red mid-engine sportscar
sure fits the bill.  Now to make it even "cooler...." <evil grin>

2. I want to learn EFI.

Thanx again,
Mike Diehl.