Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Mon Oct 15 15:27:58 GMT 2001

> Twice the exhaust BP than boost pressure ? So you're saying your exhaust has
> 30 PSI backpressure ?

>From reading "Maximum Boost" by Corky Bell, this sounds plausible.  I
believe at one point he says that "after the crossover point, when boost
pressure surpasses exhaust backpressure, you can start to make serious
power."  This is just a paraphrase, and if I understood it correctly it
was referring to competition engines, and not your daily driver.  Still,
though, he talks about exhaust backpressure commonly being higher than
manifold pressure, and how it's a consideration when choosing a cam (ie
stay away from overlap, etc)

$0.02

-Steve