Aerochargers Now lag

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Mon Oct 15 15:19:01 GMT 2001

Swing by some time.
The only down side to an auto in cornering is IF the the tranny pump sucks
air, but at that stage you'll be needing to run a dry sump (for engine oil),
and probably on road racing tires.   FWIW, a well setup auto takes about .05
sec to make a shift, and a good manual tranny takes .1, so for every shift
your losing time with a manual.  (Current F1s take .02ish).

With an auto, you have 2 pedals (please note you only have 2 feet), and can
keep both hands on/near the steering wheel.   And what for tranny are they
running in F1, now?, guess they haven't caught on yet...

The trouble with some general sweeping statements is that they are generally
wrong.
Bruce

From: <bill.shurvinton at nokia.com>