Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

Ray Drouillard RayLists at quixnet.net
Mon Oct 15 22:18:26 GMT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "justin ivan" <vlkslvr at hotmail.com>
To: <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
Sent: Monday, October 15, 2001 2:37 PM
Subject: RE: Aerochargers are better than a twin screw!! hahaha ;-)

> Electric generator motor combo would be interesting to see, but I imagine
> that a relatively high hp motor (I imagine it's >1 hp to spin a turbo
under
> load) to 100K rpm's would be pretty tough.

I did some calculations a while back that indicate that it would be more
like 20 HP.  It depends, of course, on the engine.  I think I was trying to
push 500 CFM "uphill" by 14 psig.  I don't remember exactly, but it did
cause me to rethink my idea of using an electric motor.

Unless your application is a tractor, boat, airplane, or something that is
constantly under boost (as opposed to perhaps ten seconds for an automotive
application).

Ray Drouillard