Compression ratio and compression test readings.

Stephen Webb swebb at netlab.uky.edu
Wed Oct 17 13:14:12 GMT 2001

> Consider valve timing/overlap at the rpm your taking readings at. The
> ability of the engine to consume air varies with rpm when the cam timing is
> fixed.

I don't know the RPM - it's low.  Cranking RPM with only 1 cylinder
getting pressurized (all the plugs out of the other cylinders)

I would expect the overlap / cam timing to have a net effect of
*decreasing* the expected pressures, not increasing them.  I don't know
the intake cam timing, but I am assuming the intake valve closes sometime
after BDC, which at low RPM would lower the effective compression ratio.

-Steve