was aerocharges: now injectors

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Wed Oct 17 15:04:41 GMT 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Dave Williams [mailto:dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us]

 With some sensors to detect gear tooth position, you could dispense
with the synchros and synchro drag.

------------------

Straight cut dog box for me. Preferably with sequential selector. Some
say this is too noisy for a road car, but I as I already need earplugs
who cares.

Anyway, back on EFI issues, I wondered if anyone could point me at a
suitable reference for injector timing. Specifically:

1.Suitable rules of thumb for fuel propagation timing through inlet, as
I don't have access to a velocity probe.

2. Ideas of what the ideal injector timing against inlet cycle is, and
if it really makes any difference in a real world situation

Reason I am asking is that I am trying to work out a starting point for
the code mods that the megasquirt will need to feed a twin rotor mazda
13B. According to the timings I have worked out, there is about 280°
available for injection. However, outside the rev ranges where harmonic
pulses are helping out the induction, I am guessing that the later part
of the inlet cycle is not ideal given that I am running with injectors
in the throttle bodies rather than port injectors.

However there is theory and then what actually happens and I have not
found much analysis that shows what matters.

In terms of application, BHP is more important than economy or
emmissions, since the Westfield is emmissions exempt; however I would
like to pee a little less fuel straight out the exhaust than it
currently does on carbs. ( the flames are great, but a 6 (UK) gallon
tank and 15MPG make fill ups a fairly regular occurance)

Bill