Cold fuel

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Wed Oct 17 16:28:16 GMT 2001

With wet manifolds, might have a problem with the fuel being too warm (also
remember in carb applications you have to allow for fuel volume).   So they
can have ****TOO**** much of a good thing (vaporization).

On EFI (port), just about the opposite is true.  You can have trouble, er,
you can sometimes improve performance by aiding with fuel vaporization.

If you look at the latest GM manifolds, and heads you can see where they are
making a real effort to get as much fuel on the back of the valve head as
possible.

Honda F1 in years last ran a fuel preheater, to aid in vaporization.
Bruce