Lean burn engines

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Oct 18 00:58:01 GMT 2001

Diesel engines are designed to run in the realm of detonation.  Take a look
at the guts of a serious Pulling Tractor sometime.  Bearings are almost an
inch wide,  lots of mass for absorbing heat, huge cooling systems.  A lopo
diesel runs 14:1 CR.  We run 16:1 in *our* puller at 60 PSI of boost.
Valve seats .1" wide, Rings well placed down from the piston crown.  All
kinds of little tweaks.  AND LOTs of fuel for cooling!.
Bruce

From: "Stephen Webb" <swebb at netlab.uky.edu>
Subject: Re: Lean burn engines