Lean burn engines

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Thu Oct 18 02:26:24 GMT 2001

Craig Dotson wrote:

> > If you have seriously "open" chamber heads--with no squish area--you're
> out
> > of luck on this one.
>
> I noticed you were running an AMC 360 V8....I'm assuming this is roughly the
> same as the Dodge 360 V8 since Chry Co bought out AMC either late 70s or
> early 80s.

Not even close.  It's a completely different engine.  The AMC 360 has combustion
chambers large enough to take a bath in.  They are huge fuel burners compared to
anything short of an open fuel line.

I know there are a few Jeep owners on this list.  Anybody have AMC cylinder head
swapping info?  Are any 304/360/401 parts interchangable?  Any pre smog heads
that have smaller chambers/better ports?  This would be a great start for these
engines.

Shannen