was aerocharges: now injectors

bill.shurvinton at nokia.com bill.shurvinton at nokia.com
Thu Oct 18 07:44:28 GMT 2001

Interesting. Never found a biker who didn't like the sequential. Mind
you if I were still living in Chicago and riding a bike, then I might
feel the same way.

I don't agree that a sequential is crippled. People with far more
driving skill than I will ever have have extolled their virtues for race
cars, even ones easily wide enough for an H box. I will agree that for
road use it takes a specific application.

For me, my car is optimised for going out for a blast on winding country
roads where you want to use every gear to the max, so a sequential shift
would be great. Most Lotus 7 derivatives are track cars that have been
civilised just enough for road use.

But that's the great thing about choice

Bill

And no I don't want to start a thread on how at X track going into Y
corner you need to be able to shift from 5th to 3rd to get a good time
through it.