Brain for the new GM V8

clayb clayb at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 08:03:55 GMT 2001

You know, the *really* new one with the Eaton lifters that can be turned
on and off. A much more successful version of the old Cadillac 8-6-4

I'd love to have a 6.0L turbo V8 that puts out 750 streetable
horsepower, on pump gas, and still gets 25 mpg. But I can't imagine
trying to reverse engineer GM's latest brain. I'm pretty sure they
intentionally make that difficult, anyway   :)

I can't think of any aftermarket ECU that is up to the job, and at first
glance, it would seem an unlikely sort of job for an add-on control
gizmo I fabricated myself, although I could be wrong. Smoothest
operation would seem to want the # of cylinders running smoothly
integrated into the injection algorithm.

Any ideas?
--
- Clay