Cleaning a HFM...

Shawn Fogg sfogg at attglobal.net
Thu Oct 18 13:48:25 GMT 2001

Anybody have any good tips on how to clean a bosch hot film meter?

I've got a Z3 coming over that has a slight hesitation problem. Her dealer hasn't been able to fix it. They tried a bunch of things but haven't cured it yet. I suspect she might have a dirty HFM and or throttle body or possibly a bad TPS and will be check that and more out next week.

The HFMs are fairly fragile so I wanted to get some ideas on a way to clean it without damaging it.

Thanks,

Shawn