Thermal coatings

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Sun Oct 21 05:11:46 GMT 2001

-> The machine shop that I delivered the heads to said the coating in
-> the chambers had to be removed before they could open the valve seats
-> up.

 Sounds like a case of FUD to me.  I have to sharpen the stones on my
Sioux seat grinder more often when grinding across the coated area, but
it's no big deal.  A scraper-type machine like a Serdi shouldn't even
notice the coating.