Thermal coatings

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Sun Oct 21 04:09:36 GMT 2001

Jurgen Hartwig wrote:

> I'm still listening. :)  Looks like you had good results.  Do you
> attribute your success solely to the coatings, or were their other
> factors?

I can't say it's definitely because of the coatings.  There's too many variables
involved and I haven't done any before/after testing.  I built a new engine
configuration with coated heads installed at the start.

If I ever find the time to rebuild the engine in my turbo Sunbird, I'll apply
coatings to the head and pistons.  I'll be able to get a better idea of their
effectiveness.

Shanne