WB O2 Display, WI

Robert W. Hughes rwhughe at ev1.net
Wed Oct 24 15:10:23 GMT 2001

> Maybe this is a stupid question since I'm new to the
> list but why not simply use a microcontroller?
> Microchip and Atmel make some pretty cheap (less than
> $20) and capable micros (you could make an Atmel
> programmer for less than $10). You could put the curve
> in a lookup table and display A/F directly. You could
> also output a traditional 0-1V for the stock ECU and
> replace the narrowband O2 completely...

The idea is to design something that anyone on the list can reproduce
themselves (DIY). Just about anyone with a use for one of these has an
EPROM programmer and already knows how to use it. Also a simple filter
device like this is much easier to check out without instruments such as
a scope.

Incidentally that expensive BCD-7 seg LED decoder driver, the 74LS47,
costs $1.20 each from Digikey.
--
Robert W. Hughes (Bob)
BackYard Engineering