Ionization Detonation Detection System

Hugh Keir hugh at sol.co.uk
Wed Oct 24 18:57:54 GMT 2001

Hello Bruce,

My eyes poped out at your words posted earlier today  "Well for openers,
he's actions killed the ionization detonation detection project."

I have been told buy Ray Hall that Autronic are working on an ionization
detonation detection system that will integrate with the Autronic ECU's, it
will optimise the ignition timing and fuel to provide maximum cylinder
pressure at 15°/16° after TDC. He mentioned that the work being done was in
cojunction with a Robert Jansen in Sweden.

Is it absolutely dead, no chance of ressurection?