Oz WB PCBs - now available - Or how I screwed the list

Bruce nacelp at bright.net
Thu Oct 25 00:35:57 GMT 2001

From: "Andrew Theurer" <habanero at us.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: Oz WB PCBs - now available - Or how I screwed the list
> On Sunday 24 October 1999 01:54 pm, you wrote:
> > So you endorse theft and piracy.

> I don't endorse either, but I am smart enough to realize that someone will
> take public knowlege (as this stuff is available on a public archive) and
> make their own use of it.

It's not being smart enough, in your case it's just willing to accept what
ever is dished out.

> I do believe that public ideas should be totally free, including royalties
> and liabilities.
> > Maybe you have a low reguard for *men*, but I happen to be from the old
> > school, where a man's word is valued.
> > Sorry too hear you accept pitiful conduct, as being excusable.
> So, I guess I'm off your Christmans card list :)

Yep

> > I have no doubt there are some that will cash in on the WB.  But, for a
> > lister, to do so so blanantly is not excusable in my book.
> > BTW, are you privy to his plans?.  Or kept up with the details, or just
> > hitting reply?.
> I have no idea of his plans, and I don't care.  As long as the DIY'ers get
> learn something, build some cool stuff, exchange ideas, I don't see how
his
> plans, whatever they are, can affect that.  If he is doing something
"really
> bad", that we don't know about, I suggest you spill the beans, instead of
> just hinting at it.

I was ging him a chance to act a little less cowardly.

> I am not too pleased about the agreement myself.   Actually, I am
confused.
> Lets say I download and digest any of the wb-o2 documentation, then a few
> years later take a job at Honda.  I work on a team that does lean-burn
which
> uses a o2 sensor in the same family/technology of the NTK.  All of my new
> findings/work has to be given back to diy-efi?  If so, no auto company in
> their right mind would hire anyone on this list, ever, for fear of
liability.
>  So, by participating, you eliminate any possibilty of a career in engine

> mgmt.

Might reread the agreement, yes you are confused.

> I have no problem with anyone making a little profit on PCBs.  I do find
it
> in bad taste to use a DIY forum to promote it or any other commercial
> venture.   I don't like commercial plugs on any email list.

So when does you opinion count in this?.  You have nothing invested in it,
and obviously don't care about future projects.  I wouldn't expect anything
to matter to you.
The world is full of prople that just don't care.
Bruce