WB discussion and war

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Thu Oct 25 15:47:55 GMT 2001

Bruce tapped away at the keyboard with:
> From: "Bernd Felsche" <bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au>
> > Brian L Massey tapped away at the keyboard with:
> > > Obviously what has happened with the diyWB is going to have some
> > > serious effects on future development on this list.
>
> > Only if you let it. What is more important; ego or ideas?

> But, in another posting you said you would take action if your
> work was violated.  So things only apply as you see fit.

It's not my ego I'm endeavouring to protect. It's the promotion of
free (not as in "free beer") information.  That's the _idea_.

It's my option (or anybody else's; I don't own it) to take whatever
action is available to teach abusers a lesson. And the best way to
teach that lesson (IMHO) is to deny them their expected financial
gain and to make the exercise very expensive for them.

> But coming from someone who likes to wast BW as much as you do
> with that sig line, one might ask why the word ego comes to your
> mind so quickly.

Waste bandwidth? 4-line signatures were acceptable in 1985. When
bandwidth was 1% of what it is today. Loads of bandwidth has been
wasted on other stuff in this list recently.

What does the signature say?  Do you understand the concept of the
campaign? How does that campaign pertain to ego?

Is it some sport for you to attack the individuals who post opposing
views, or views which you don't comprehend? Is it not sufficient to
argue _rationally_ against the _views_?

What IS more important; ego or ideas?

You left that unanswered.

--
 /"\  Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning, Perth, Western Australia
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |