WB discussion and war

Brian L Massey blocklm at juno.com
Thu Oct 25 15:48:36 GMT 2001

On Thu, 25 Oct 2001 16:44:27 +0800 (WST) Bernd Felsche
<bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au> writes:
> Brian L Massey tapped away at the keyboard with:
> > Obviously what has happened with the diyWB is going to have some
> > serious effects on future development on this list.
>
> Only if you let it. What is more important; ego or ideas?

Hmm, more high-brow logic? Let me see, which should I choose as more
important, ego or ideas? Such a dilemma. I know, wait I know...uh,
*neither*!

What is *most* important when people are trying to work together is
mutual respect and honesty, in this case in the form of making and
keeping to agreements. Conditions for working together have to be
*mutually* agreed to, otherwise what you get is conflict and/or
withdrawal; not just disagreement, but damage.

It's not about a choice between 'ego or ideas'. More basic (brow-down :)
than that. It's about the choice between 'mutual respect and
cooperation', or 'every man for himself, and damn the silly agreements'.
Peter chose the latter. Sounds like if you consider the conditions of an
agreement 'unreasonable', you'll go that way too? I would tend to avoid
such people as untrustworthy.

Brian