WB discussion and war

Erik Quackenbush erik at midwestfilter.com
Thu Oct 25 16:00:50 GMT 2001

At the risk of prolonging this discussion I'd like to point out a problem I
noticed. The 'usage' file that accompanies the DIY WB files contains this
phrase:

"It is in the public domain"

I am not a lawyer but I do know that once you place something in the public
domain NOBODY owns it and nobody can restrict other people's use. No matter
what the rest of the document says you can't steal something that's free.

If you're worried about misuse then you must retain the copyright or use a
licensing agreement that will stand up.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush, V.P. Operations, Midwest Filter Corporation
1-847-680-0566 fax: 1-847-680-0832 http://www.midwestfilter.com