Typical AFRs

Don DRI05 Ricciardiello dricciardiello at qantas.com.au
Fri Oct 26 01:29:39 GMT 2001

Thanks Bruce,

Just a point on no. 5, can't turn my injectors off, they must've fallen off
the carbs ;-)

Don

From: "Bruce" <nacelp at bright.net>@diy-efi.org on 25/10/99 21:01 AST

Please respond to diy_efi at diy-efi.org

Sent by:  owner-diy_efi at diy-efi.org

To:   <diy_efi at diy-efi.org>
cc:
Subject:  Re: Typical AFRs

From: "Don DRI05 Ricciardiello" <dricciardiello at qantas.com.au>
Subject: Typical AFRs
> I understand the pitfalls of tuning to AFR however in my case
(carburetted
> motorcycle) I've fitted aftermarket carbs to my project bike and
therefore
> have no baseline jetting data. Therefore, I ask, what are some baseline
AFR
> figures I can aim for (when I get my wb-o2 up and running :-)) at the
> following engine operating conditions;

> 1. idle      14-17:1
> 2. cruise   14-17:1
> 3. light acceleration, mid throttle transients  That accleration
enrichment and it's by application
> 4. WOT   N/A?  start at 12.2 and lean from there.
> 5. High RPM closed thottle overrun  Turn  injectors off

All the normally disclaimers:
you get what you pay for
Not to be attempted with adult supervision.
Your results may be completely contraire to what I outlined
Tuning can be dangerous
Doc might what a test ride when your done (he's to short to drive any
normal
M/C)
Bruce

> Many thanks